When thinking about camping hammocks there are lots of different options out there for you to consider. All of the camping hammocks today are made with high quality nylon fabrics that can endure anything that nature can throw at them. As for styles and personal preference this is where it will depend on your interests.
Most of the camping hammocks that are out there today will do fine for everyday hikers and backpackers, but there are people that like to have their camping hammocks tailored to their own preferences, which is always good to have because you will be the one sleeping in it. It’s better to be comfortable than wake up with a sore back from your camping hammocks. I have found that quality in things of this nature is more important than appearance. But with the new hammocks that have been released by Hennessy there is more to offer in style, durability, and options. These are more of my favorite ones as they allow me being 6’1 to sleep comfortably with extra room and not squeezed up all night struggling to get comfortable as my old one was.Advantages Of Hammock Camping
Let’s look at a few of the pros and cons of camping hammocks.
Here are a few of the pros-
– First off you won’t be sleeping on the ground and have some unwanted creatures crawling in your sleeping bag to snuggle up with you, and it will help you avoid the rocky terrain that you could have been laying on. This is also good for nature too because you wont be leaving any trace that you were camping there like if you had to level the ground for a tent or plant stakes.
– Second with good camping hammocks it makes life a lot easier for those who like to hike all throughout the woods and don’t have lots of time and patience to setup a tent every night. The new designs have some of the easiest setups and all you need is two trees and there is an abundance of them in the forest.
– Third they are lightweight and made of high quality material, and when out on the trail every ounce counts so lugging around a bulky and heavy tent and air mattress can make it more difficult the further you are hiking back into the woods.
As far as the Cons go for camping hammocks there aren’t many that are big factors towards making them bad.
Some of the Cons-
– First off if you are camping with a loved one it does make it harder to snuggle up together at night in hammocks. There are two person hammocks but they are more for your backyard.
– And second is if you are afraid of enclosed spaces or claustrophobic, this will make things a lot harder on you as when you wake up in the night in a small dark confined area in your camping hammock. And as always you can be the victim of pranks being hung between trees so you have to watch for that.
With all that said I still love to take my hammock along especially on the clear nights when you can leave the rain fly off and enjoy the nice night time sky.